Basically a non-ventilated flat roof of a support structure for example consists of reinforced concrete, wood or steel trapezoidal profiles, which connect to the insulation and the roof skin flush. If you look more closely at the structure again, we see how many layers there is really a hot roof.
• To get the required angle of the roof is applied in concrete structures (ceiling of the building) a concrete layer gradient (slope screed). This is obviously connected with an unwanted weight gain. They used either unreinforced normal weight concrete or lightweight concrete. However, there are disparities insulation panels that can take over this function. For wood and trapezoidal sheet roof structures may be contacted by the slope without great technical effort.
• The supporting structure, in addition to the space separating the tasks still function to absorb the expense and pay off as well as to ensure sound and fire protection. Supporting structures made of reinforced concrete and profile sheets available on their surface a primer for bitumen emulsion or bitumen solution. The primer is applied to improve the adhesion of the adhesives. In addition, it binds the remaining dust and has a water repellent effect.
• The following is a compensation or separation layer. Its task is to separate incompatible materials and also serves as a sliding layer. The separating layer may for example consist of perforated glass fleece bitumen or bitumen roof membranes with an insert made of aluminium or copper foil.
• Recommended for the subsequent vapour barrier or vapour barrier is a PE film or roofing sheets, depending on the requirement of different support insert.
This vapour retarder / vapour barrier is to retard or prevent the diffusion of water vapour in the insulation and the seal or under.
• For example, thermal insulation are mineral wool, polystyrene PS, EPS expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene XPS foam and glass. For sparkling glass on concrete structures is a vapour barrier is not necessary because it is moisture-resistant high pressure loads and after the installation. As already mentioned, the insulating layer can serve also to produce the required minimum gap.
• The task of the vapour pressure equalization layer to local vapour pressure generated when heated or immigrant trapped moisture to distribute, and to relax by. It also allows relative movement between the roofing (roofing) and thermal insulation. The compensation layer usually has a multilayer structure. For example, as materials are perforated glass fleece bitumen or bitumen roof membranes with an insert made of aluminium or copper foil.
• To get the waterproof construction, there are roughly two ways: the structure and the bituminous film structure. At least two layers are bituminous constructions, while foil seals are generally carried out in one layer.
• A gravel layer with a thickness of 5 to 10 cm is used to protect against direct sunlight, wind suction and mechanical damage. Please refer to the paragraph "Gravel on the roof - yes or no?" But also as a surface protection plate covering, roofs, slate and ceramic chips using interference.
New roofing systems